The road safety themed Coffee with a Cop at Uncle Bob’s Bakery in Victoria Point held at the weekend has been hailed an enormous success by local Police that attended.
So much so that Acting Sergeant Brendon Winslow says the recipe for these events is cookinn’ and is as good as…
“Old Nona’s secret recipe, there is a process that requires following step by step.”
COFFEE WITH A COP RECIPE
Preparation time – a few hours.
Event time – two hours.
- A handful of cops;
- A sprinkling of Bayside Volunteers in Police (ViPs);
- A pinch of Bayside Police Liaison Officers (PLOs);
- A dose of Bayside Crime Stoppers;
- One politician (must be fresh and colourful);
- As many members of the public as you can muster;
- Relevant crime prevention information (road safety information can be used as alternative).
- Mix all ingredients together within a suitably sized cafe;
- The recipe then takes care of itself, however if one is after a specific taste, tweak with a chat, smile and further engagement;
- Watch magic unfold and enjoy the fruits of your efforts, preferably with a coffee in hand.