About Tingira Boat Club
Tingira Boat Club is located on the western coast of Macleay Island.
The Club has many weekly and annual events and activities open to non-members, including:
- Fish and Chip Dinner night which is held on the first Friday of each month and open to all, from 6.00pm. No bookings required.
- Sunday on the Deck – The deck overlooks beautiful Morton Bay and light meals are available at a very reasonable price from 12 noon at which time the bar is open. This is also open to all to enjoy.
- Calvert Memorial Sailing Event – This is a ‘big boat’ sailing event held in October each year (weather permitting) and is open to members and non-members.
- Macleay Island Classic – Canoe Race around Macleay Island. This is our prestigious annual event which attracts entrants from as far away as northern NSW up to Harvey Bay and is held around April each year.
- Oyster and Jazz Sunday – This is a great day for all to come along and enjoy with excellent music, good food and drink.
More information about these events and activities can be found on our club website.
How to get to the island
Go to the Weinam Creek Marina at Redland Bay and catch a ferry to Macleay Island. A timetable can be obtained online at translink.com.au or call 13 12 30. Your Go Card can be used to pay for the ferry ticket on board.